Okay – so they placed me on the waiting list.
I am surprisingly at peace with this situation, although it does put me in a slight pickle. I was hoping to be able to leave my job sooner than later, but now I feel like I need to stay to save up whatever money I can in the next few months. In addition, the latest they might give me a decision is April 9, which is less than 3 months before the program is scheduled to start.
At least I’ll know if I need to take summer courses, right?